The In-Between Phase of Perimenopause
Why Your Body Feels So Confusing Right Now
There’s a phase in perimenopause that no one really talks about.
You’re not in the beginning anymore…
but you’re not quite at the end either.
You’re just somewhere in between.
And if you’re here, you probably feel it.
🌙 “What is my body doing?”
Lately, I’ve been feeling like I don’t recognize my body.
My cycles are longer.
Sometimes much longer.
I feel like my period is about to start…
for days… sometimes weeks…
And then it either shows up unexpectedly
or not at all.
The symptoms are there:
- the emotional waves
- the anxiety
- the breast tenderness
- the itching
- the heaviness
But they don’t always lead to a period anymore.
That’s the part that feels the most confusing.
🌿 Not Early… Not Late… Just In Between
In early perimenopause, things still made some sense.
Your cycle might have shifted a little,
but it still followed a pattern.
Now?
There is no clear pattern.
And in late perimenopause, periods may stop for longer stretches.
But this middle phase…
This is where everything overlaps.
- You still have cycles… but they’re unpredictable
- You still have symptoms… but they don’t match your bleed
- You still feel PMS… but it lingers
It can feel like you’re stuck in a loop your body won’t exit.
🌸 What’s Actually Happening
This is the part that helped me the most to understand:
Your body is still trying to ovulate…
but it doesn’t always succeed.
And when ovulation doesn’t happen consistently, your hormones don’t follow their usual rhythm.
Instead, they fluctuate.
Up.
Down.
Sometimes both in the same cycle.
Estrogen can rise and fall unpredictably.
Progesterone may not show up the way it used to.
And that creates this exact feeling:
👉 like something is about to happen… but doesn’t
🍂 Why It Feels So Emotional
This phase isn’t just physical.
It’s emotional in a way that’s hard to explain unless you’re in it.
There’s a quiet uncertainty that sits underneath everything:
- Why do I feel like this today?
- When is my period coming?
- Why doesn’t anything make sense anymore?
Even when nothing is “wrong,” it can feel like something is off.
And that alone can create anxiety.
🌙 The Shift I’m Learning to Make
I keep coming back to this:
Nothing is wrong with me.
My body is not failing me.
It’s changing.
This phase isn’t broken…
it’s transitional.
And even though it feels unpredictable,
there is still a rhythm here—just not the one I’ve known my whole life.
🌿 If You’re Here Too
If you feel like you’re stuck between stages…
like your body isn’t following any rules anymore…
I want you to know this:
You are not alone in this phase.
This “in-between” is real.
It’s valid.
And it’s something so many of us quietly move through.
💛 A Gentle Reminder
On the days when your body doesn’t make sense:
👉 You’re not broken
👉 You’re not doing anything wrong
👉 You’re in transition
And that’s allowed to feel messy.
🌸 If this resonates with you…
Save this post.
Come back to it on the confusing days.
And if you feel like sharing—
I’d love to know if you’re in this in-between phase too.
Comments
Post a Comment