🌿 Is It My Dose… or My Cycle?

Trying to understand my body in perimenopause


There are days when I sit there and think…

What is actually happening right now?

Is it my hormones?
Is it my estradiol patch?
Is something off… or is this just part of the process?

Because the truth is—
in perimenopause, it’s not always obvious.

And that’s the hardest part.


🌙 The confusion no one really talks about

I used to think it would be simple.

If something felt off, I would just adjust my dose and feel better.

But it hasn’t been like that.

Some days I feel okay.
Other days I feel anxious, itchy, emotional, and completely off.

And then… it passes.

Only to come back again.


🌊 When symptoms come in waves

I’ve started to notice something.

When my symptoms come and go, when they feel like waves instead of something steady…

…it’s usually my cycle.

Even now, even with HRT, my body is still doing its own thing.

Producing hormones.
Dropping them.
Shifting in ways I can’t always predict.

These are the days when:

  • I feel fine… and then suddenly not
  • My skin starts itching out of nowhere
  • My mood drops for no clear reason
  • I feel overwhelmed, then okay again

It doesn’t stay.

It moves.

And that’s the clue.


🪨 When it feels constant

Other times, it’s different.

There are stretches where I don’t feel like myself at all.

Not for a few hours. Not for a day.

But every day.

That’s when I start to wonder if it’s my dose.

Because constant symptoms feel different.

They look like:

  • Ongoing dryness or itching
  • Poor sleep night after night
  • Low mood that doesn’t lift
  • Brain fog that just stays

No breaks. No relief.

Just a steady feeling of being off.


⚖️ The part that makes it even harder

Even when you’re paying attention…

even when you’re tracking…

there’s still doubt.

Because what if it’s both?

What if your hormones are fluctuating
and your dose needs adjusting?

That’s the space I feel like I live in sometimes.

In between.


🧭 What I’m learning (slowly)

Instead of reacting to every bad day, I’ve started asking myself:

  • Has this been happening every day?
  • Does this line up with my cycle or bleeding?
  • Did this start after I changed something?

Not to find a perfect answer…

but to find a pattern.

Because patterns tell the truth that emotions can’t.


💛 A gentle reminder (for you and for me)

Perimenopause is not steady.

Even with support, even with HRT…

your body is still:

  • adjusting
  • producing hormones
  • trying to find a new rhythm

So sometimes it’s not that something is wrong.

Sometimes it’s just that everything is changing.


🌼 The simplest way I can explain it

I keep coming back to this:

  • Waves → likely your cycle
  • Constant → possibly your dose
  • New symptoms after a change → worth looking at your dose again

It’s not perfect.

But it gives me something to hold onto
when everything feels confusing.


🤍 You’re not alone in this

If you’re sitting there wondering what’s happening in your body…

second guessing yourself…

trying to figure out if you should change something or just ride it out…

I see you.

I’m right there too.

Learning my body in a whole new way.


🌿 Gentle next step

Instead of trying to fix everything today…

just start noticing.

Not every moment.
Not every feeling.

Just the pattern over time.

Because your body is communicating with you.

Sometimes it just whispers instead of shouts.


✨ Harmony in Transition

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perimenopause from A-Z

Common Perimenopause Symptoms: What They Actually Feel Like

Reading Library